Saturday, October 22, 2011

Silly Poem ~Mr. Elf~



 Mr. Elf, you’re not fair

Every time I get to the light

You seem to turn it red and bright.

I sit forever waiting in my car,

Mr. Elf, I have places to go that are really far.

Please turn the light green,

And stop being mean.

Do you run from red light,

  To green light,

To yellow?

Or just sit at the red light

And laugh at me, fellow.

Do you have a family of three,

Papa Elf,

Mamma Elf,

And

Baby Elf

Watching me

Sitting all by myself?

I have no time for this,

Off I go,

Blow you a kiss.

Good bye!

Now I hear sirens,

I have to stop

And explain about Mr. Elf

To the cop.



Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

Romans 13:1


Dedicated to my daughter Jade, who thought elves lived in the signal lights.




©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute poem. I've kind of wondered the same sort of thing myself...now you have me really thinking??? Hmmmmm????

Red said...

It seems like a miracle whenever the light is green when we pass. The green light short, the red light long, it's crazy!