Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fishing Anyone



Time to go fishing

Bring your pole and your bait

But don’t ask me to come, because that’s something I hate.



Sitting and waiting for a nibble or two

Hoping to catch a big fish,

But instead caught a shoe.



So boring to sit with nothing to do,

Dreaming I was in Katmandu.



I don’t understand the fishing game

It’s about the hunt, they claim.





I say, "Let’s go fishing for men instead

All we need is some manna bread."



This bread I mean came from heaven,

This bread is called the Word,

 Please, let me share what I have heard.

The Word became flesh

 And walked among us.

Listen to me

He’s name is Jesus.



He’s full of grace and truth,

Full of mercy and love.

He came from above

To save us.



Believe in Him

He will change your life.

Just ask Him in

And eat from the bread of life.



"For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world."Then they said to Him, "Lord, give us this bread always." And Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.

John 6:33-35








©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Red said...

I can't believe you don't like fishing! It's about relaxing, not waiting. But you are right, it is better to go fishing for men, than it is for fish.