Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful For My Little Family


My little family (Here in Texas)
Sister, brother-in-law, and baby J
Came and had dinner with us today
Turkey I cooked with all the fixin’s
Mash potatoes, yummy yams
With plenty of fat grams
Cranberry sauce, buttery sweet corn
My sister loves sweet corn, ever since she was born (True story)
We sat and ate till we were full
Try my food you’ll 
Eat till your full too

 We gave thanks to God for all he has done
And also for today, we had so much fun
 I will always remember hanging out together
Soon I won’t have them here so close
They will be moving, to who knows
  So at this time, I would like to say
 I’m very thankful and I will pray
 God,take care of my little family all their days
Sister, brother-in-law, and baby J

 It’s time to eat some pumpkin pie
So now I'll say, “Good bye” 


I leave you my favorite Psalm I like to read every Thanksgiving,

A Psalm of Thanksgiving.
 Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.
Psalms 100

©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice poem. Warm and personal. Just like God...warm and personal.