Tuesday, November 8, 2011

LORD, I Ask Give Him Strength



Popcorn and a movie sound good tonight
Just me and my daughter alone, which is alright
We will call it a mommy and daughter date
This night is going to be really great
She and I love to eat your favorite snack
A big bowl of popcorn and kick back
I let her decide to pick the movie
As long as it’s something really groovy

It’s late at night and she fell asleep
I shake her to wake her, but her sleep is to deep
I put her in my bed, nice and warm
She will sleep with me, which is not the norm
I miss her daddy so very much
I’m wishing soon we will get in touch
I pray for him that God will comfort his soul
Bring peace to him and make him whole

He lost his mommy a year ago
Now his daddy is sick…. you know
I pray he has more time with him
But it looks pretty awful and really grim
Don’t know if he’s going to make it through
I wish there was something I could do
Honey, know I'm praying for you
That your daddy will be getting better soon


Please LORD, I ask
Take care of my husband give him strength for the task
Let him feel You and know it’s OK to let go
You have a plan, we may not understand
Soon his mommy and daddy will be standing hand to hand
Worshiping and praising together forever
No more pain, no more tears, completely healed
God’s whole truth will be revealed

Praise You, for You are my strength and I gladly rejoices

The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.

 Psalms 28:7





©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It must be a pain having to lose bot parents.