Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year Resolution 2011


Here we go again, a new year! What will be my new resolution? I know..... lose weight!


Brother-in-law it's Calvin and Hobbes


Most of us want to lose weight. Yes, I have other ones, like having more wisdow, knowledge of God and His will for my life, don't forget, understanding....But that's a no brainer right Mom!

Where do I begin?
We start off with a big bang, but fizzel out in about a few months. I did pretty good this past year, I fizzled out in June. We join a gym, buy all the cool exercise equipment, watch Biggest Loser (my favorite show). Here comes the fizzel...all of a sudden we notice dust gathering up on all the cool equipment. Say to your self " I'll go to the gym tomorrow, there is always tomorrow. This will be my last good meal! (dining out)" I talk to my self all the time.

I'm big boned
 I don't want to look like that again. I lost 35 pounds this passed year...YAY for me! Give or take 5 pounds but holding. I weighed 216!

Eat what I want...Its the self control and quantity we need to learn.
1. Eat the right amount!
Ask , What do you think God would want you to eat and how much?

2. Exercise
I exercised 30 min to 60 min every 5 to 6 days of the week. I walked, hiked, stepped, and biked. It worked!

3. Pray
Especially when I was hungry and ate 20 minutes ago. Normally you need to eat every 5 hours. I like my snacks though. Help LORD!

4.Read
Read every thing that will help you focus on your goal. I also read what the bible said about gluttony...I was not happy.

Jesus come and take me away

This year, I guess I have 4 resolutions. I want to lose 30 pounds, but I will start January 1st or 2nd.  I can do this and so can you! Remember first and foremost we are not to satisfy our selfish and harmful appetites but rather use our bodies to bring glory to God.


Click here to read week 1 Weight Loss Update
Click here to read week 2 Weight Loss Update
Click here to read week 3 Weight Loss Update
Click here to read week 4 Weight Loss Update



©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love You .I will not make a promise that I might not keep But I will try .

Anonymous said...

Funny, but very true to heart post. You made me laugh, think and also challenge myself and YOU! ...I noticed you put "I want to lose 30 pounds, but I will start January 1st or 2nd." Sister, start January 1st...have no regrets and start the first day of the New Year right. I will be praying for you. Thanks for sharing your goals...
love you!

James M Williamson said...

Nice Post Bridget! Liked the Calvin and Hobbs image at the start! Growing up my family never really did resolutions, just said happy new year. If I've ever wanted to change something in my life then I just prayed for the Lord's strength and provision to do it and started doing what I needed to when I needed to do it. Sometimes that has been in December, June September, May, March, but call me crazy I do not really recall a time I started something in January other than School. The important thing for us Christians to do is to be Changed by the Power of Jesus, the help of the Helper He Sent, the Holy Spirit, and the Blessing of the Father. I pray that You and Your Family are Daily Perfected into the image of Jesus. God Bless! Loving Yall from A-stan