Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weight Loss Update Week 4

New Year Resolution Update


This week, I’m going to focus on the amount of points or calories I need. I will also keep track on everything I eat. Most of the time I forget what I ate and go over the amount my body needs. Keeping track helps me not over eat “mindless munching”. Keeping track means writing it down.

When I’m busy or stressful I have a bad habit of unconscious eating, I’m not aware of what I’m putting in my month. That’s such a bad habit. I caught myself last night, my daughter had a bowl of Frosted Mini Wheat spoonfuls, and I grabbed a hand full and started munching. Focus…….self-awareness.

I have my favorite foods I like to eat, and know exacting how many point they’re. I like to eat the same things over and over, so I have them on hand when it’s snack time. Fruit is a better snack, but sometimes I don’t want fruit. Here are my favorites.


1 point for 20 chips

0 points or 2 bags for 1 point
3 points 


2 slices for 1 point
Food
I ate the right amount, my stomach is getting full on the small amounts, and I’m eating when I’m hungry. Tonight was hard, because my husband wanted to eat at an all you can eat buffet. So, I let Dennis and the kids serve themselves first, I waited till they were half way through, and then served myself. Half of my plate was veggies, and then I picked Sushi rolls, which, I knew were 6 points. Yes, I did have dessert. On WW I get to have 35 extra points a week. So, I had a small piece of chesses cake and jello.

Exercise

I hiked 4 days out of the week, for about 50 minutes. I’m so proud of myself. I set a goal to hike 5 days out of the week. I have one more day to go.

Scale

This week I love the scale, I lost 2 pounds, and my clothes are fitting much better. My daughter is visiting, and she jumped on the scale, well, my scale is about 7 pounds off. It is really time for me to buy a new scale. Oh, its 7 pounds higher than it should be. Meaning, I’m 7 pounds lighter than I thought. YAY

Weigh

This month I have lost 6 pounds! I weigh 1?2

Until next week…..




Weight Loss Tip for the Week

Drink water! Water is one of a weight manager’s best tools. You will often find it wasn’t food you needed, but fluid.



Fitness Tip for the Week

Add some new activities; you can boost your metabolism with resistance training.

Dining Out Dos and Don’ts

If you know that you’re going to dine out, learn what they serve, and figure out how many points it will be. Example: 1 California roll is 6 points, Taco bell burrito is 7 points ect, ect……

Myth

To lose weight, I have to follow a diet perfectly.

Fact

Weight lose is about progress, not perfection.








Proverbs 16:3

Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts should be established.

A woman I know carried a pocket New Testament with her wherever she went. Often I would see her pull it out of her pocketbook and begin reading. One day I asked her why she seemed so intent on her reading whenever I saw her. She said, 'I read it whenever I get hungry. I'm trying to control my weight, so whenever I feel a physical hunger, I feed myself spiritually instead. It takes my mind off my hunger and puts it where it should be-on the Lord.' What a wonderful lesson. If we will find new ways to include God in our diet, He will turn our thoughts where they need to be!

Today's thought: There are ways to be fed (spiritually without getting fat!)





Click once a day to vote.....Thank you...

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: