Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weight Loss Update Week 1

New Year Resolution Update


This week was pretty good. Saturday, January 1, was the beginning (again) of my weight loss journey. My New Year Resolution is to lose weight. Really, it’s a way of a life. I need to learn self control, it’s not what I eat it’s the amount. I think if I just buy low fat cookies I can eat as many as I want. The problem isn’t the cookie; it’s my heart that wants more, more, and more.


So, then I ask, “Why am I doing this. Am I bored, upset, angry, happy, bitter, or sad ect… ect…” The real issue isn’t why. I’m good at blaming things on my behavior. It’s of the flesh. I need to stop walking in the flesh. I need to take responsibility for my actions. I really want to encourage you all, that's why I'm sharing this with you. These are the things I have learned through this journey of mine.

Food

This week, I focused on the amount of food I need. Weight Watchers is good for that, or you can learn to eat the amount your body needs, by finding out how many calories you should eat. I need 1300 cal, or 22 points (weight watchers). 3500 calories results in a one pound weight gain. So, if you reduce your calories by 500 every day, in a week you’d typically lose one pound.

Exercise

I exercised four times this week. I really wanted to exercise 5 times. Maybe, I will next week. Saturday the family and I went for a hike, we hiked for 30minutes, Monday I stepped for 20 minutes, Wednesday I stepped for 40 minutes, and Friday I walked for 25 minutes. The more we move the better. Did you know that Jesus walked everywhere? Most of the towns He walked to were 20 miles away. So get moving!

Scale

I have this love hate despise relationship with the scale. When I see the numbers drop I love it, if I see the numbers stay the same I hate it, but, if I see the numbers increase, I despise it! I jumped on the scale Saturday morning and I was not happy, it was more than I thought .I weigh1?8 (I am not going to tell you how much I weigh). I despised the scale on that day!

Now, I weigh 1?4. YAY I lost 4 pounds! I love the scale today.

Until Next Saturday……..

Weight Loss tip for the Week

Do not eat everything that you may want. I guess that means I’ll eat nothing this week. lol

Fitness tip for the Week

Learn to love exercise.

Dining Out Dos and Don’ts

Some restaurant portions can be two, three, even four times the “normal “size- especially super sized fast food meals. Keep your portion in check. Cut the meal in half, which always works or stop when you’re satisfied….. Satisfied = between hungry and full.


Hebrews 9:22

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

If we learn anything at all from being a Christian, we learn that good things do not come without sacrifice. Jesus had to give everything He had in order to reunite us with God. If we decide to be the best we can be, then we need to accept the fact that there is some sacrifice required. When we learn to sacrifice, we learn what it means to be a Christian. Sacrifice is a good discipline. Sacrifice teaches us what is really important, and it helps us be thankful for what we have. When we stop to think of how great Christ's sacrifice for us was, it inspires us in our diets to become better people; people worth dying for!

Week's thought: Dieting can draw me closer to being a disciple!

                                           Click here to read the Beginning of my Weight Loss



Devotions go to


Click on label once to vote.....Thank you..
 Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

If you would like me and my friends to check out your blog   click below ©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: