Saturday, February 5, 2011

Weight Loss Update Week 5

New Year Resolution Update



This pass month I have been working on the amount of food my body needs, running to Jesus instead of food, eating only when I’m really hungry, eating in a calm environment, and keeping track of what I eat.

I now want to focus on rebuilding this temple. This may be a different approach, but I know that I can’t lose weight without God. I will ask God what He would like to accomplish in my life. So I will begin by inviting God into the activity and listening to the Holy Spirit. I feel like God has called me to release excess weight, so I can serve Him better. It’s not about how much you weigh, but how well you will be able to serve God.

I have children; can I play with them without getting tired and out of breath? Can I do the chores around the house? This is the ministry God has given and called me to. I want to better serve and glorify Him the best I can with this body I have.

1 Corinthians 3:16 say’s “Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? The word “temple” here is used in the metaphorical sense to refer to persons in who God or His Holy Spirit is said to dwell or act.

Food

I did pretty good this week, ate the right amount, and ate when I was hungry. Except last night, my daughter and I made chocolate cake with cheese cream frosting. So, this morning I was really tempted and fell. I had my daughter prayed for me; my spirit is willing but my flesh is weak. I need to run to Jesus when I’m tempted. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

Exercise

This week, I didn’t do so well, I hiked once. I could blame it on the weather, or on my hiking partner (my daughter), which went back to CA, but the truth is, I just didn’t feel like it. I really have to work on this. I need to exercise 5 days out of the week or at least every other day for 30 minutes.

Scale

Yay, I went ahead and bought a new scale. My old scale ended up being 4 ½ pounds off. I weigh 4 ½ pounds less now and I lost 2 pounds this week. I love my new scale.



Weigh

I weigh 175. Wait, what, I told you how much I weigh! Well, I guess it’s better than 216, which is where I stated off at.

Until next week…..

Weight Loss Tip for the Week

Don’t keep anything in the house that will tempt you to over eat. This is hard, if you have children, try to buy healthy things to eat.

Fitness Tip for the Week

The best activity plan for weight loss and maintenance includes cardio, resistance and stretching.

Dining Out Dos and Don’ts

Watch out for extras

The average hamburger with ketchup is not bad, but the one with the work is. Skip the bacon, chesses and mayo. You can have a protein style, which means to leave the bread out.

Myth

Having a lapse is a sigh that I can’t do this.

Fact

You’re learning to lose weight in the real world, not the perfect one. A lapse is not a sign of failure. It is normal part of the weight loss process. Think of a lapse as an opportunity to build new skills for the future.








Jude 24

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy.

There was a girl by the name of Jennifer who was always getting herself into trouble because she couldn't say no. She had absolutely no resistance to any temptation. Then she met Beth. Beth was able to be a voice of reason and common sense for Jennifer. Jennifer knew that if she was tempted, Beth would get her through. Jesus Christ can be to us what Beth was to Jennifer; He can be our voice of reason. Whenever we feel ourselves being tempted, we need to turn toward Him. He is able to keep us from falling. When we find ourselves too weak to handle a situation, we can rest assured that Jesus is indeed strong enough.

Today's thought: Jesus can keep me on the right track!



Click here to read the Beginning of my Weight Loss



Click here once everyday to vote...Thank you..

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: