Friday, February 11, 2011

NOBODY CARES!



Nobody loves me,

Nobody cares,

Nobody picks me peaches and pears.

Nobody offers me candy and cokes,

Nobody listens and laughs at my jokes.

Nobody helps when I get in a fight,

Nobody does all my homework at night.

Nobody misses me,

Nobody cries,

Nobody thinks I’m a wonderful guy.

So if you ask me who’s my best friend, in a whiz,

I’ll stand up and tell you that Nobody is.

But yesterday night I got quite a scare,

I woke up and Nobody just wasn’t there.

I called out and reached out for Nobody’s hand,

In the darkness where Nobody usually stands.

Then I poked through the house, in each cranny and nook,

But I found somebody each place that I looked.

I searched till I’m tired, and now with the dawn,

There’s no doubt about it-

Nobody’s gone!

By Shel Silerstein


There is one that does care and His name is Jesus!

Jesus say’s,

“I love you and gave my life for you!”

“I care for you and watch over you!”

“I hear you and hold all your prayers in a bowl!”

“I will fight for you!”

“I gave the Holy Spirit to help you!”

“Yet I am always with you!”

“I hear every cry!”

“You’re the apple of my eye!”

“I am a friend that sticks closes then a brother!”

“I’m your Father your Friend!”

“I’m your lover your bride groom!”

“I’m your Savior your God!”

“I’m your everything, I’m all you need!”

“Draw near to me and I will draw near to you!”

“Call out to me, I will answer!”

“I LOVE YOU!”

By Jesus Christ



©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Filly said...

This is one of the most amazing poem of all time! I thought the exact same thing about myself that nobody was there to care about me. But then Jesus comes and takes nobody away, and saves the day!