Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Adventure

Then God said, "Let there be light", and there was light. Genesis 1:3

It’s great to go out on an adventure with my family, especially when the weather is so nice. These last few days here in Texas has been like spring, but in January. Sunshine, blue skies, warm temperatures and cool nights, I love this weather! Let’s see how long it will last, I heard that it may rain tomorrow.


Right in our back yard


We decided to go and explore our neighborhood. We have a creek behind our home, so off we went. There’re many fish pools, so of course my hubby was happy. I have a little fisherman (girl) that loves to fish with her daddy, sometimes she is the only one that catches fish, but on the other hand, my son loves to skip rocks.
It's this big and this long!

As we continued to hike, we found a fishing lake with a walking path. It was so nice, well my husband and the kids went on to explore, Brook and I decided to walk around the lake, we need to get that exercise in. We had seen other families out spending time together, fishing, riding bikes, and hiking. I was excited that it was right in my own back yard or up the street around the corner.



My little brown button was content in her mother’s arms. Brook had bought a sling just for the hikes; Jayla was all snuggled up and fell fast asleep. I’m really going to miss them, but very thankful to have this time with them. Monday (today) my girls take off back home. I love you my babies!






My Brown Button
 The kids really enjoyed our adventure and I know that they will always remember, I think next time we will bring the fishing poles, some skipping rocks, a packed lunch for a picnic , and Jade… then a nice walk around the lake for me.



We found another place to enjoy!








Click here to vote......Thank you..


Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory



©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: