Friday, January 28, 2011

In Memory of My Brother Rudy

April 6, 1971 - January 28, 2008

We will always love you Rudy M Cano JR!


This is hard for me to write about without crying, all these feelings and emotions are so hard to deal with. I have great memories of my brother. One day, I will share them with you. At this moment, all I can share is what happened that night my mijo went to meet the LORD.

My little brother Rudy has been with Jesus for 3 years today. He really wasn’t little, he was 6’5. He is my younger brother, the fourth child of five. I miss him so, but God wanted my brother to be with Him.

The night he went to be with the LORD was a big shock to us all. Rudy had been sick for about a week, he thought he had the flu. The days went by and he wasn’t getting better but getting worse. I remember my mom calling me and telling me that Rudy was really sick and to pray, he won’t go to the doctors. He got so bad that they finally called 911. My parents and I drove down to the hospital which was 1 ½ hours away.

As my parents and I drove down the mountain, we were praying and wondering what was wrong with him. How sick was he that they had to admit him in the hospital? It never crossed our mind that, that night was going to be our last night with him.

Three months prior to this, my brother had taken a sugar diabetes test or glucose test and passed. So we didn’t think he was a diabetic. It does run in our family. That night, when we went into the emergency room, we found out that his blood sugar was at 800 mg and went up to 1700mg. He was going in and out of conscientiousness. I believe that he was waiting for us to arrive.

He told me I love you,and told my parents how much he loved them, he winked his eye at me and then fell asleep. The last thing he had said was, “ Mom , Mom, I Love You Mom”.


I LOVE YOU BROTHER!

A little bit after midnight, my Parents and Pastor Espinoza were with him when he passed, his heart stopped beating. He is with the LORD!

That night was the worst night, especially for my parents. I can’t image how hard it is to lose a child. Please keep them in prayer, the pain is still there and will be for the rest of their lives.

You are missed brother and I can’t wait to be in heaven with you, worshiping Jesus!

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13
 
This is my Brother



















©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

from mel said...

I am so, so sorry about your brother.
That must be so hard.
My heart and prayers go out to you as the pain will always be there.