Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Hike at Windmill Hill Preserve


I haven’t hiked these trails in such a long time and it felt so good when I did yesterday and today! I know these trails real well. I used to hike them almost every day. My daughters and I decided that we will hike them every day this week. We do need the exercised, since this past week we didn’t do anything.


Brook and I want and need to lose weight. Jade on the other hand just wants to be fit. We both have baby weight to lose, Brook had her baby 4 months ago and I had mine 8 years ago. I know what your going to say, “8 year to lose the weight?” Yeah, I’ll blame it on my babies!

As you know my new year’s resolution is to lose this weight. Exercise is in the resolution plan. We hiked for 50 minutes yesterday and today. Up and down hills, I was exhausted but it was worth it in the end. I accomplished what I started. I'm looking forward to the rest of the week.

It makes it so much fun when you have others that want to exercise with you. I’m so thankful that I get to work out with my girls. I use to hike with my other daughter Megan when she lived with me, but she got married and left me. Megan, why do you want to leave me? (Big Fat Greek Wedding)


These trails are small but nice, it has trees, streams, bridges, and it is surrounded by homes. You can’t get lost! Matter of fact, I could walk to them but instead I drive. I would rather hike then walk and have cars pass me by. Plus the trails have better scenery and it’s peaceful.

Thank you Father, for such a beautiful place that I can enjoy.

All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:4



Click once a day on the banner to vote....... Thank you..

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: