Sunday, December 4, 2011

Silly Poem ~This Queen Needs Rest~



Lying in bed feeling lousy
All day feeling drowsy
Body sore and achy
Hands a little shaky
Peace and quiet are my friends
I hope tomorrow I feel better, I guess it depends
I need rest tonight
 Then maybe I’ll be alright
Please no more pain
Lord, I don’t want to complain
I have so much to do
Places to go to
House to clean
This is when I wish I was a queen
Maids to do all the running around
So I can just lie down
In bed, they may serve me a cup of soup
Maybe my favorite ice cream, a BIG scoop
I got to stop wishing
And start dishing
 My kids need to eat
I think in the fridge there is some meat
I hear the kids yelling
They need to stop rebelling
And be quite for just a bit
I’m getting ready to through a fit
Please Lord, come and take me away
I’m so done for today

I pray, LORD, give me the strength to do everything I need
I can’t do anything without You, indeed!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

Thank you Honey for taking care of me today.

©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: