Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lost Heart




Father, the pain I feel overwhelms me
Please set me free
Sadness I feel
Help me to deal
With the loss of my brother, so dear
I wish he would appear
How I miss him so
I will never let go
Tears fill my eyes
Please hear my cries
The memories I have can never be lost
Never, at any cost
My heart breaks
My soul aches
It seems like I can’t breathe, need air
I need prayer
It’s hard to believe
 I still grieve
 But I have hope to know
One day I will go
To the promise land
I will see him again, as planned
Please LORD, comfort my soul
Fill in that empty whole
Comfort my Mom and Dad
The loss for their son, so sad
As they hurt more than me
I know, You see
A loss of a child, nothing can compare
It doesn’t seem fair
The love they will always have for their baby boy
They can’t wait to see him again, with joy
We will never say goodbye
One day we will meet him in the sky


Father, your plan we will never understand
But, we will always trust in You
You are there, holding our hand
You will bring us through
You know how we feel
You know our pains
We come and kneel
To You, my Father, the one who reigns

I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
 Psalms 27:13


©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your pain, loss, and sorrow. Please know I am praying for you.