Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Seem To Always Need More





Seems like we can’t live without money
We seem to always be in need
If only money grew on a tree
Things would be ok, but I guaranty
We would need more
Say we are going to a camping trip
We would need sleeping bags, for four
We need food, can’t forget the chips
We need a tent, ice chest and pillows
We need to buy lanterns, don’t forget
Hope there’s an outhouse with windows

We need to buy a mosquito net
I know we need others things
But I admit
I forget
When we get to the place
We will need to buy more
For just in case
I releases this trip has just become a chore
And I don’t have any more money
Kids asking me for things they need
I tell them sorry, honey
Wishing I could give more
 But you can’t squeeze blood out of a turnip
It never ends!


 I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Philippians 4:12

©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: