Friday, September 30, 2011

Silly Poem ~My Horse~



My Horse

I found my horse on a ship,

So I decided to call him Chip.

He is brown and white

And very polite

Which is good

Because Mommy said we should.



With much care

I brushed his hair,

Now he’s ready

And very steady

For our ride.



You know what I tried?

I went really fast

It was such a blast.

“Faster faster,” I said,

So off we fled.



 We found Greenland

Which was totally unplanned.

Spectacular colors all around

It’s so much fun here in town.

Mountains, hills, ice burgs, snow,

We even saw a funny show.



I love riding my horse

But time for a change of course.

Now it’s time to go home,

Time has flown,

But I’m having so much fun.

Let’s go for another run!

Should we go back?

No, it’s time to hit the sack.




A righteous man regards the life of his animal, But the tender mercies

 of the wicked are cruel.

Proverbs 12:10





Written By Bridget Sherman
For Eyvette Sherman


©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Red said...

I think this is a wonderful poem. It makes me want my own horse, so that i may ride it everywhere. I absolutely love all your poems. Keep wrighting.