Sunday, September 25, 2011

Silly Poem ~Sleep Sleep~



Sleep Sleep is at hand

How I need thee

Come and get me

Take me to dream land

Where butterflies live

I will be happy

Even if it’s just one I see

Please I ask

Come and get me.



Awake Awake

I don’t want you

 I need sleep don’t you see

Maybe if I drink a cup of green tea

Nighty Nighty for me

 In my bed I tossed and turned

 Now, I’m really, really concerned

I should try counting sheep

Maybe then, I will fall asleep


My eyes are awake through the night watches, that I may meditate on Your word. Psalm 119:148

Written by Bridget Sherman
©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Filly said...

for me dream land is Heaven. I am not sure if it is for you, but it is to me. We are his sheep and he is our shepherd. He watches over us. This poem says that to me.