Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Hike on Texas Sunset Trail


The hike I took was great! It was a 45 minute hike on a trail called Texas Sunset. It felt really good to go out and finish the trail. I want to accomplish all the trails, Ranger, Blue Canyon, Crooked Tree, Copperhead Ridge, Man Bites Dog and S.O.S 


I need to stay active and sitting down crocheting all the time might not be all that good for me. Don’t get me wrong, I like to crochet and it really helps me relax, but relaxing all the time might not help my butt!

I’m going to be 45 in a few months and there are things I want to accomplish before my birthday. I want to lose 15 to 20 pounds, hike these trails and start mountain biking.

LORD, if it’s your will please help me to do these things. Oh, I need a mountain bike, helmet and pads. Only you can provide these things. Please give me self control with food and give me the strength to hike. Thank you Jesus, I know that if I don’t get these things, it’s because you have a good reason.

So, off I go for another hike!




I didn’t realize what trail I was on because I was going the wrong way. I turn back and saw the blue arrow.



Big Cedar Wilderness Trails

List of Trails in order: Posted levels of difficulty are will range according to each riders skill.

Texas Sunset (blue...this loop starts just to the left of kiosk) Intermediate - Advanced

Ranger (white) Beginner - Intermediate

Blue Canyon (orange inside of white) Beginner

Crooked Tree (green) Beginner

Copperhead Ridge (yellow) Advanced

Man Bites Dog (red) Intermediate-Advanced

S.O.S (red) Advanced
Sorry, I took these pictures with a phone camera.
©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Dennis or Josh Boy go with you or Jade.it look so lonely .it looks so isolated please don't go alone.Dad and Joey said don't go alone.We Love you

Anonymous said...

I don't see a lot of people it still looks isolated just be careful and look all around and carry that wasp can with you,remember the lion is always wondering looking for someone to devour.so take care.I love you your Mom.