Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Could It Be Perimenopause?


I really didn’t see this coming! About a month ago I started noticing that my emotions were a little crazy, but thought that it was just PMS. I felt the normal cramping, bloating, and aches and pains. In the middle of the week I starting having cramps again and then spotted for two days. My emotions got really crazy, I was crying for no reason, then happy the next. Up and down like a roller coaster. I thought, what the heck is going on? I was little scared.



I felt tired, still cramping and then the hot flashes begin. All day, my face would get really hot and then back to normal. I thought it’s time for me to ask around to see if anyone else is going through the same things. My mom says that I to need to know that I'm not the only women out there going through this and she reinsures me that I will be fine and she loves me.


A friend of mine shared her thoughts, advice, and gave be a book to read. I found lots of information. This book has been going around to a few other women and now the book has a new name, Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde.




The signs and symptoms of perimenopause often resemble a cross between PMS and menopause. A women in her late 30’s and early 40’s might ovulate one month and produce a viable egg, and then not ovulate for several months yet still have apparently normal periods. Or, she might experience several months of unusually painful and heavy periods, followed by several months of irregular and light periods. She could have wide and dramatic mood swings, night sweats, and hot flashes. She might have trouble sleeping, tire more easily, and lose interest in sex. She could also experience symptoms more like those of PMS, such as fluid retention, headache, backache, and lower abdominal cramps or pain. (The complete Idiot’s guide menopause)


There are two things I’m really going to focus on, Prayer and counting to 1000 before I say or do anything that I might regret. Oh, and remember that I’m not going crazy!


Perimenopause is not menopause. You are still fertile, still have periods, and still can become pregnant.


Perimenopause can worsen PMS or bring it on for the first time.


Birth control pills can provide relief from the discomforts of fluctuating hormones, as well as protection from unplanned pregnancy.


Perimenopause can last from 3 to 15 years, although it averages from 3 to 6 years.


I wanted to share also, average women gains 15 to 20 pounds during perimenopause and menopause…. Isn’t that great, I’m trying to lose weight not gain weight.


Exercise is the best thing for me right now. Fresh air, clear mind, releases stress, and I will feel better! A friend tells me to remember to stay positive keep a since of humor, we’re on this ride weather we want to or not, pray and remember the happy lady gardening. (Inside joke)


Go buy yourself a hand fan ladies.

If you have any advice please share with me. This is all new to me. ©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your going to do just fine.praying its a happy fast ride.I love you your Mommy.