Sunday, May 27, 2012

Fly Away


I am restless in my complaint

And I moan silently

When will You answer me?

Their tongue attacks violently



My heart is severely pained

My soul longs for peace

I’m tired and overwhelmed

When will the attacks cease



If I had wings like a dove

I would fly far away

Searching for peace

And to be at rest, is what I pray


 
When will there be peace?

When will the battle end?

When will the swords be removed?

LORD, come and defend



I will call out to You

The one who will redeem my soul

I cast my burdens on the LORD

Restore me and make me whole



As for me, I will call upon God, And the LORD shall save me. Evening and morning and at noon I will pray, and cry aloud, And He shall hear my voice.

Psalm 55: 16-17





©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: