Sunday, January 8, 2012

No One Around



There’s a time when you look around
You’re alone, no one to be found
No one near to talk to
But you learn to make do
No one to share your dreams
No one cares, it seems
No one to tell your troubles or pain
Oh how I hate to complain
If I could get the focus off of me
That would be the key
God knows what I need
I need to trust that He will lead
 He will speak to me loud and clear
Trust that He is here
I can talk to Him and share
He’s the God that does care
God, give me strength to carry on
Holy Spirit, please come upon
I want to curl up and lay in bed
What else is there to be said?
LORD, give me strength to carry on!

The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.
Psalms 29:11
©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem. It is it interesting how often we fail to take all our problems, our burdens, and sorrows to the lord even though he has proved himself faithful time after time.