Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Delight of Sacrifice


Am I living my life for others?
Am I dying to myself?
Am I living for Jesus?
Or am I just sitting on the shelf?

Am I interested in other people?
Am I delighting in laying down my life?
Am I only concerned about me?
Or am I full of bitterness and strife?

Am I on a pedestal and isolating myself?
Am I all things to all men?
Am I allowing Jesus to help Himself to my life?
Or am I hiding in this den?

Am I interested only in my own goals?
Am I totally surrendered to Him?
Am I devoted to Jesus?
Or am I pointing fingers, “Look at them?”

Am I in love with Jesus?
I am in love with Jesus!

“I will gladly spend and be spent for your soul; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I am loved.”
2 Corinthians 12:15

©All articles and comments on Dinky’s Hum Drum Journal are the property of Bridget Sherman and are Copyright protected.

No comments: